Policies are subject to periodic revision. PCI AOC refreshed for all customers annually and shared on request.
AlumnIQ Signature Events Service
Welcome to the website of AlumnIQ, LLC. ("AlumnIQ", "we", "us" and/or "our") www.alumniq.com (the "Site"). AlumnIQ offers hosted Software as a Service platform to colleges and universities ("Customers") that contract with us for various services related to advancement and constituent engagement. The principal products and services referenced by this document include the AlumnIQ Platform and the AlumnIQ Signature Events Service (collectively, the "Services"). Through our platform we help Customers manage key aspects of their interactions with alumni, donors, and friends by using constituent data such as contact information, employment history, expertise, job title, age, location, and giving history and combining it with information from event registration, volunteer interaction, and donation information captured through our services as described below.
Where we provide the Services under contract with our Customers, that Customer controls the information processed by the Services. This information, collected on behalf of our Customers, includes data collected from our Customers' Advancement Officers or employees who hold similar positions, and information about alumni and their relatives, and donors.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In operating our Services, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information can be used to identify an individual ("Personal Data"), described below.
Account Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account (such as usernames, email address and billing information, phone number), create or modify your profile, and express communication preferences. We also collect similar data (name, email address, billing information) when you register for an event or make a gift using AlumnIQ services.
Information you provide in relation to inquiries, surveys or customer support: We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily give us when you contact us with inquiries, engage with our help ticket system, and/or contact our customer support regarding a problem you are experiencing with the Services.
Site Visitors: We collect information that Site Visitors enter on our Site or send to us electronically, for example, when completing a web form to give Personal Data to us directly (such as on our "Contact Us" page), requesting information, including a product demo. While the type of data we collect depends on the nature of the inquiry, this typically includes name and contact details, company information, and phone number. We also automatically collect certain information relating to your use of our Site, described under the Automatically Collected Data section below.
Testimonials: We may collect and display personal testimonials of satisfied Customers and users on the Services in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name, on the Services. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Data: We collect Personal Data about our Customers' contacts, such as general directory information from alumni databases, graduation year and historical giving data. We collect this information directly from our Customers under the direction of our Customers and have no relationship with those contacts. This information is used by our Customers to manage communications, events, volunteer engagements, and other related business processes.
Alumni Data Used in the AlumnIQ directory tool: Profile information for Customers' contacts and users of the Services will be accessible and viewable in our directory module. If you express no preference for inclusion, your listing in the directory is dictated by the Customer with whom you have a preexisting relationship. You may at any time opt to have your data removed from the directory, and conversely elect to share more. If you are a contact of one of our Customers and would like to request removal of an unauthorized profile, or deletion or deactivation of a profile, please contact our Customer directly.
A Customer or other registered user may request the removal, deletion or deactivation of a profile such customer has created by contacting AlumnIQ at email@example.com, providing the name of the contact as well as the name of the Customer with whom they have a relationship. Some profile information may remain on our servers or in our records after it is no longer viewable by other users of the Services.
AlumnIQ has no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data we process on behalf of Customers. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to AlumnIQ's Customer (the data controller). If requested to remove data by our Customers we will respond within a reasonable timeframe or as required by applicable law.
Automatically Collected Data: When you use the Services or the App, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
Log data: Information ("log data") that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site, or that the App automatically send when you use them. Log data includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services.
Device information: Includes type of device, including mobile device, you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the data we collect, described above, as follows:
- To provide the Services, process transactions and respond to your requests.
This is necessary to perform our contract with you.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, including:
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To better understand how visitors interact with the Services in order to personalize your experience with AlumnIQ (to this end, we use data relating to your use of and interaction with the Site and the Services, including use of product features by you and information that we obtain through cookies).
- To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize our communications and the experience and Services we offer to Customers.
- To conduct research on our user demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of or visitors to the Services. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and AlumnIQ may share this aggregate data with Customers. This aggregate information does not identify you personally.
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks.
- To (a) comply with legal obligations and legal process, (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; Â© enforce our terms and conditions; (d) protect our operations; (e) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (f) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
- Marketing. To send you updates and information about our new products and services, upcoming events or other promotions or news by email. Where required by law we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us your Personal Data. You may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the instructions in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
For information on your rights under applicable European Union (EU) law, please see the "EU Users" section below.
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you in the following circumstances:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Services of any change in ownership or any material changes in uses of Personal Data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law, applicable regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of AlumnIQ, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (iv) protect AlumnIQ against legal liability.
Our policy is to keep your Personal Data only for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
We will retain Service Data for as long as needed to perform under the each specific contract with Customers.
- YOUR CHOICES
You can use our website without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Services.
- ACCESS/UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to update your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, or wish to deactivate your account, you may correct, update, amend, delete (or ask to have deleted any such information from a public forum, directory or testimonial on our Services, or from your individual user account), by making the change through your account or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will address your request as required by applicable law.
- EU USERS
Scope. This section applies if you are located in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Data Controller. AlumnIQ is the data controller for Personal Data about our Customers and Site Visitors. We act as a data processor (or service provider) for the processing of Service Data on behalf of our Customers. To find out our contact details, please see the "Contact Us" section below.
Your Rights. Subject to EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
Right to erasure: You may ask us to erase your Personal Data in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we shared your data with others, we will alert them to the need for erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or 'block' the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that we processed with automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest (described under the "How We Use Data" section above) to process your Personal Data - unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing (which we do not do on our own benalf).
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
Right to make a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not transfer any Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you have questions regarding this, please contact us at email@example.com.
AlumnIQ does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to AlumnIQ through the Services please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Data through the Services.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
AlumnIQ does not, as a policy, support nor encourage social service integration due to the erosion of personal privacy that subsequently enabled. We do not provide social login services for that reason and discourage our Customers from similarly doing so.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION
We take reasonable administrative and technical steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please keep this in mind when disclosing Personal Data to AlumnIQ or over the Internet.
In operating this Site, we use an ancient and well-understood technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Site gives to your browser when you access the Site.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: Used to provide the Services available through our Site and to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access to secure areas. These cookies are served by AlumnIQ and are essential for using and navigating the Site. Without these cookies, basic functions of our Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and the Services, you cannot refuse them.
Analytics: Used to better understand the behavior of the users on our Services and improve our Services accordingly, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
- Google Analytics - A web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). The information collected by Google (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States (Google is certified to the Privacy Shield for data transfers). How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years. You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our Site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. Note that our services will respect the "Do Not Track" flag if properly set and shared by your browser; if this is enabled, the Google Analytics plugins will be specifically disabled for you.
- HubSpot - On our public website, Hubspot assists us with lead generation and management. Hubspot is not integrated into our Customer-facing services.
To find out more about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies and similar technologies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and/or or the Network Advertising Initiative's online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org, and follow the opt-out instructions there or if located in the European Union, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance's Your Online Choices opt-out tool here. If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
- CONTACT US